My mom is one of those crazy Christmas cookie bakers every year and makes so many different types of cookies, but my favorite is the Strawberry Jamborees. My mom calls them the “ugly Christmas cookie.” They are not beautiful because sometimes the jelly runs off the cookie, but taste amazing. I love the sugar on the cookies mixing with the strawberry jam and the sugar gives it a delicious crunch when you bite into them. I prefer them without nuts, but you can add walnuts for a nutty flavor. I was so disappointed last year because my mom made these cookies differently and they didn’t have that sweet strawberry taste and I was so sad when I bit into one.
Another great thing about these cookies, is you can use any type of jam you like, raspberry, orange marmalade, blackberry, etc. I used the Smuckers Simply Fruit Strawberry Spread (it’s my favorite).
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
3 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
1 1/4 c of butter
1 tablespoon of milk
2 tablespoons of vanilla
1/2 c finely chopped walnuts (optional: add this to the top of the cookie with the jam on the cookie sheet)
Below are some affiliate links and I may make a commission for purchases made through the following links.
- in a large bowl mix everything together
- mix well
- drop onto the cookie sheet with a tablespoon (I always use parchment paper when I bake cookies on my cookie sheets)
* flatten with a glass dipped in sugar (coat the bottom of the glass with butter and then dip in sugar to flatten the cookie)
- add a small amount of jam to the center of each cookie, you can make a small indent in the cookie and place the jam and walnuts- I used a small baby spoon to put the jam on the cookies
- Bake at 375 for about 8-10 minutes, makes about a dozen and a half cookies
Enjoy these delightful cookies with a sweet, strawberry taste with a sugary crunch when you bite into them. Having one with a hot cup of coffee was my delectable pleasure after I baked them. Christmas cookie calories don’t count right?
Merry Christmas and enjoy your holiday season!
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!